Built-Up Roofs (BUR) are one of the most proven roofing systems available. The roof is constructed using multiple layers of felt that are buried in hot asphalt. The top layer will be a cap sheet that is typically white to reflect the heat of the sun
BUR’s can also be installed using a torch to heat asphalt that the manufacturer has applied on the back of rolled roofing.
The employees of Alumni Roofing have been installing built-up roofs for many years including the following buildings:
- Mid Ohio Conference Center – Mansfield, OH – GAF Ruberoid 75,000 square feet
- Peoples Community Center – Mansfield, OH – Garland 2 ply 60,000 square feet
- Dublin Schools – Garland 2 ply and Cap System
- Dublin Scioto High School – 93,000 square feet
- Dublin Indian Run Elementary – 21,000 square feet
- Dublin Scottish Corners Elementary – 32,000 square feet
- Dublin Karr Middle School – 7,500 square feet
- Dublin Davis Middle School – 7,500 square feet
- AEP – Zanesville, OH – Garland 2ply 46,000 square feet
- Mechanics Bank – Mansfield, OH – GAF Vented BUR system 12,500 square feet
- Grandview Heights High School – Grandview, OH – Garland 2 ply 16,500 square feet
We work with the following manufacturers to provide system warranties of 10-20 years.